Financed by the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), the purpose of the CEF eArchiving Building Block is to promote the uptake and accelerate the use of eArchiving specifications amongst both public and private entities established in the EU.
The benefits to both users and the wider economy of adopting eArchiving include:
- Flexibility: supports scaling of digital archival systems from small to very large
- Standardisation: enables information assets to be transmitted, preserved and re-used across borders as well as time
- Efficiency: accelerates the delivery time of a working digital archive, while controlling costs
- Transparency: ensures a high level of confidence among all participants in the information value chain
- Risk management: reduces risks in information assurance