- Dr-Ing Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Diplom Informatiker (Computer Science) Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Chair of the Digital Heritage Research Center at CUT
- Secretary General of CY ICOMOS Committee (www.icomos.org)
- Member of the Executive Committee of CIPA (http://cipa.icomos.org/)
- Member of the EU Expert Group on Digitalization and Preservation (https://goo.gl/hbzthW)
- Former Editor in Chief of the International Journal on Heritage in the Digital Era (www.multi-science.co.uk/ijhde.htm)
- EU ESPRIT Project: Communications Network for Manufacturing Applications (CNMA) (1988-1990)
- Massive parallel processing of complex and scattered 3D points (1989-1994)
- EU ESPRIT Project: IDAS-OSACA - Open System Architecture for Controls within Automation Systems (1992-1994)
- EU KIT SurfMod - Individual Fellowship - Repatriation Project (1995-2000)
- EU Project Software Quality Evaluator (1997-1999)
- EU FP5 JewelMed Project (2000-2002)
- Expert for the evaluation of EU proposals and Reviewer of EU Projects (2000-ongoing)
- EU FP6 Project Medressa II (2002-2004)
- EU FP6 EPOCH - European Network of Excellence in Open Cultural Heritage (2004-2007)
- EU FP6 ePSIplus Project (2006-2008)
- Member of the Accreditation Group of Courses on Computer Science and Engineering, Ministry of Education and Culture (2006-2010)
- e-Documentation of the CY UNESCO WH listed monuments (2006-Ongoing)
- CY Research Promotion Foundation Project APRODITE (2007-2009)
- EU EuropeanaLocal (2008-2011)
- EU ATHENA Project (2008-2011)
- EU FP7 DC-Net: Digital Cultural heritage NETwork is an ERA-NET (European Research Area Network) project (2009-2012)
- EU FP7 INDICATE (International Network for a Digital Cultural Heritage e-Infrastructure (2010-2012)
- EU FP7 ENUMERATE Project (2011-ongoing)
- EU FP7 Marie Curie Action Project IAPP 4D-CH-World: Four Dimensional World in Cultural Heritage (2013-2017)
- EU FP7 LoCloud Project (www.locloud.eu 2013-2015)
- EU FP7 Marie Curie Action Project Fellowship Programme ITN-DCH (https://itn-dch.net 2013-2017)
- EU FP7 Europeana Space Project (2013-2015)
- EU FP7 RICHES Project (2013-2015)
- H2020 CSA Virtual Multimodal Museum (www.vi-mm.eu 2016-2019)
- H2020 R&I INCEPTION project (www.inception-project.eu 2016-2019)
- H2020 R&I ERA Chair Project (www.digitalheritagelab.eu 2019-2013)
- EU Grundtvig Fellow 2006
- Member of the Sector Advisory Board of the EU Project 3D-Coform (2008-2012)
- Seconded National Expert at the European Commission, Directorate General of Research (2007-2010)
- Seconded National Expert at the European Commission, Directorate General of Education and Culture (2010-2011)
- Tartessos 2010 Award from the Spanish and European Virtual Archaeology Association
- Member of the Europeana Network and Cultural Commons (2009-Ongoing)
- Member of the European Commission Group of Experts on Digital Heritage and Europeana, since 2007
- Member of the CEN/TC for standards in Cultural Heritage, since 2018
- Director of UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage, since 2018
- Special CICOP Net 2018 Award
- International conference VAST2006 (www.cipavast2006.org)
- International conference VSMM2008 (www.vsmm2008.org)
- International Conference EuroMed2010 (www.euromed2010.eu)
- Cyprus EU Presidency event on Cultural Heritage (www.euromed2012.eu)
- International Conference EuroMed2014 (www.euromed2014.eu)
- International Conference EuroMed2016 (www.euromed2016.eu)
- International Conference EuroMed2018 (www.euromed2018.eu)
Invited Talks (as of 2008)
- IEEE 2008 ( Nuclear Science, Medical Imaging, Semiconductors) in Dresden www.nss-mic.org, 2008
- Workhop on Computational Mathematics at the FhG-IGD in Darmstadt, Germany, 2008
- VSMM 2009 ( Virtual Reality/Simulation and Multimedia Technologies) in Vienna http://vsmm.org/past-conferences/, 2009
- European Virtual Archeology Conference in Seville, Spain, June 2010 http://www.arqueologiavirtual.com/arqueo
- Digital Heritage Workshop in Brighton, Uni-Brighton, UK, June 2011
- China University of Technology in Taipei, Taiwan – International Conference on New Technologies on Cultural Heritage, May 2012 https://sites.google.com/site/2012dach/foreign-scholars
- Summer School in Vienna, July 2012 (Radio-Past EU Project)
- International Event organized by the German Federal Government in Berlin June 2013: http://www.lending-for-europe.eu/ - Invitation by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media – Germany
- International Workshop 2013- Paris, June2013- Organized by the FP7 ICT2012 i-treasures Project and in EuroNews ScienceTech (saving the intangible cultural heritage: https://goo.gl/WjbmTz)
- International Conference PhoWo2013 in Stuttgart, Germany (https://goo.gl/5pgxaS)
- NANYANG Technological University of Singapore, Faculty of Computer Science, Institute for Media Innovation, 2013 (https://goo.gl/oLTbfT)
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University Thessaloniki, Greece
- Dipl. - Eng. in Mechanical Engineering Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- ERA Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage of the Digital Heritage Lab at CUT
- Professor, in School of Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University Thessaloniki, Greece
- Director of the Design and Construction Department of the School of Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University Thessaloniki, Greece
- Director of the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Manufacturing Engineering, of the School of Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University Thessaloniki, Greece
- Leader of the Aristotle University research team, which investigate the Antikythera Mechanism
- Participation as Chairman or member in fourteen (14) International Conferences Organising Committees
- Participation as Chairman or member in fifteen (15) Organising Committees of International Scientific and Research Meetings
- Co-Ordinator in five (5) and member of the research group in nineteen (19) Financed Research Projects
- Supervisor in two (2) PhD thesis and member of three-member supervision boards in twenty (20) PhD theses
- Participated in the seven-member examination committees of fifteen (15) PhD theses.
- Supervisor in more than seventy (70) Master theses
- Member of the Mechanical Engineering School committees for the evaluation of Teaching and Research Personnel for the rank of Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor (1996-present).
- Member of the international scientific association Balkan Tribological Association.
- Member of the Greek Permanent Commission for the History of Mechanism and Machine Science of the IFToMM (International Federation for the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science)
- Representative of Greece and National Projects Coordinator in FACTORY (2001 - 2010). FACTORY belongs to the European initiative EUREKA with activities in the areas of production and manufacturing of innovative products. FACTORY determines the research policies of the above activities and coordinates the corresponding projects
- Editor of the proceedings of the 6th international conference on Manufacturing Engineering
- Member of the Committee of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki for the following projects: Construction of a building complex of the School of Fine Arts and Construction of a complex of building facilities and football and tennis courts of the Department of Physical Education and Sports (1999-2000
- Member of the Committee for the evaluation of the design for new buildings of the Aristoteles University Thessaloniki (1996- 1999).
- Member of the permanent committee for the infrastructure and buildings of the Polytechnic Faculty of the Aristoteles University Thessaloniki (1996-present).
- Coordinator of the technical workshop of the Polytechnic Faculty of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. (2005 - 2010)
- Member of the Committee for Preparation and Maturity of the Creation of a new Observatory for the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- In charge of the computer algorithm for the allocation of the Mechanical Engineer School budget (1983-1988).
- Responsible for the maintenance of lecture rooms (1996- 1999)
- In charge for the security and infrastructure of the Mechanical Engineering School (1996 - 2004)
- Member of the Committees for the acceptance of fixed and portable equipment for the Polytechnic Faculty and the Mechanical Engineering School of the Aristoteles University Thessaloniki (1996-presen).
- Invitations to give scientific lectures from a number of Universities and institutions as: University Esslingen Germany, University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus Parliament
- Invitations to give the opening lecture in a number of International conferences as: International Conference on Digital Heritage EUROMED 2018 in Nicosia Cyprus, Scientific Meeting “Therapeutic Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Jun 2019 in Thessaloniki Greece
Maria has graduated from the Department of History and Archaeology (Archaeology major) of the University of Cyprus in 2015 and the following year, she obtained her Master’s degree in Mediterranean Archaeology from the University of Edinburgh. As a student she took part in seasonal archaeological excavations and surveys of the University of Cyprus in the archaeological park of Kato Paphos (House of Orpheus), Kouklia (Palaepaphos) and Kophinou village.
After returning to Cyprus in 2016 and through 2018, she had the opportunity to work occasionally at the Department of Antiquities as an archaeologist.
Since July 2018, she holds a Postgraduate Research Assistant position at the Digital Heritage Research Lab of the Cyprus University of Technology under the directorship of Dr. M. Ioannides. She is responsible for the digitisation of photographs, literary reviews and historical documentation for various projects undertaken by the DHR Lab. She investigates the role of the new and innovative field of Digital Heritage by emerging the importance of the digital preservation of our rich cultural wealth.
Rob Davies has been involved with EU research, inovation and policy support programmes for over 20 years. During that time he has initiated and led a large number of successful projects under successive Research Frameworks (dating back to FP3), e-Content, IST-PSP, LLP and several other programmes, addressing important issues in Digital Cultural Heritage (including several Europeana-related actions), Public Sector Information and non-formal education.
Prof. Roko Žarnić is a professor of building materials at University of Ljubljana, Faculty for Civil and Geodetic Engineering, since 1993. His research background is in earthquake engineering with a particular interests for built heritage preservation, development of structural elements made of advanced materials (laminated glass and FRP) and inelastic computational models for assessment of structures. He joined the University from the position of director general of Slovenian National Institute for Research in Materials and Structures (ZRMK) where he started his career in 1974. In 1999 he was for six months a Fulbright visiting scholar at University of Colorado at Boulder, CO and in 2006 for six month national detached expert to EU JRC Laboratory at Ispra, Italy. From 2010 to 2012 he was on duty of Minister of Environment and Spatial Planning of Republic Slovenia. He was Chairman of Slovenian Association of Earthquake Engineering 2003-2007 and reelected on December 2016 for the next four year mandate. He was a principal investigator and coordinator in number of international projects (USA- Yugoslav bilateral projects, EU FP4, FP5, FP6 and FP7), member of Managing Committees of COST TC UCE, COST C5, COST C16 (vice chairman), COST C530, C26, TU 0905, and International Board of EUREKA EUROCARE. He has coordinated EU FP7 project EU CHIC: Cultural Heritage Identity Card (2009-2012). Currently he is a member of ongoing EU FP7 project Marie Curie ITN- DCH and H2020 Project INCEPTION and two ongoing COST Actions: TU1403 Adaptive Facades Network and TD1406 Innovation in Intelligent Management of Heritage Buildings. He has published over 400 papers and reports. In European Construction Technology Platform he is co- leading the ECTP Focus Area Cultural Heritage. Since 2013 he is individual expert appointed in his personal capacity to Horizon 2020 Advisory Group for Societal Challenge 5 ‘Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials’.
I have studied BSc Multimedia Technology at Leeds Metropolitan University (UK) where I also
graduated with an MSc Creative Technology degree. I was lucky enough to find an Internship at
Uberact Ltd (London) which led me to my first job as a Software Developer. I continued to work in
London after Uberact Ltd and I cooperate for a limited time with Cinimod Studio. Now I have
relocated back to my birthplace where I’m aiming to implement my skills and experiences from
abroad to assist Digital Heritage Research Lab to achieve its goals.
My interests lie mainly in areas like:
- Interactive Technologies
- Multitouch Installations
- Visual Experiences
- Projection Mapping