“Preserving the Future:
New approaches to Heritage Management and Environmental Protection”
16th of November 2020 10:00 to 14:30 (EET)
10.00 - 11.00 Opening Session
Welcome Address by Mr. Miltiadis Varvitsiotis
Alternative Minister of Foreign Affairs of Greece.
Greek Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe
Address by Mrs Aikaterini Tzitzikosta,
President of the Hellenic National Commission for UNESCO
Address by Mr Ernesto Ottone Ramírez
UNESCO Assistant Director-General for Culture
10.45 -12.00. First Session : “Sustainable nature”
- Securing Nature protection through sustainable development : renewed approaches in MAB/ UNESCO Biosphere Reserves
Professor Michael Scoullos, UNESCO chair on Management and Education for Sustainable Development in the Mediterranean, at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- Communicating a Sustainable Nature to the Public – Challenges and Opportunities
Professor Ian Stewart, UNESCO Chair in Geoscience and Society, University of Plymouth, UK
- Εarth processes and life evolution testimonies in Geoparks as elements of unique natural and cultural heritage. The European Atlantic Geotourism Rute as a case study.
Prof. Artur Sa, UNESCO Chair on Geoparks, Sustainable Development and Healthy Lifestyles, University of de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal
- Natural heritage management and community engagement in UNESCO Global Geoparks
Professor Nickolaos Zouros UNESCO Chair on Geoparks and sustainable Development of coastal and insular areas University of the Aegean, Greece
12.30 -13.30 Second Session “Grasping change”
- Digital Cultural Heritage and Climate Change
Professor Marinos Ioannides UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage, Cyprus University of Technology
- The role of education in protecting cultural heritage from climate change
Assoc. Professor Emmanuella Doussis, Assistant Professor Antonia Zervaki, UNESCO Chair on Climate Diplomacy at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- The contribution of IT to the protection of World Cultural and Natural Heritage Monuments. The case of Ancient Filippoi, Greece.
Professor Dimitrios Emmanouloudis, Prof.Avgoustos Tsinakos, Dr Kalliopi Kravari UNESCO Chair on Conservation and Ecotourism of Riparian and Deltsic Ecosystems, International Hellenic University.
13.30 -13.40 Break
13.40 -14.30 Third session "A scene of many actors" - A round table discussion
D. Founda UNESCO Chair on Νatural hazards in the geosphere, the hydrosphere and the atmosphere.
E. Christophilopoulos, UNESCO Chair on Futures Research, FORTH/PRAXI
UNESCO Chair Representatives upon request
Questions and answers
14.30 End of the Colloquium
Professor Nickolaos Zouros UNESCO Chair on Geoparks and sustainable Development of coastal and insular areas University of the Aegean, Greece.
Professor Dimitrios Emmanouloudis, UNESCO Chair on Conservation and Ecotourism of Riparian and Deltaic Ecosystems, International Hellenic University
Assoc. Professor Emmanuella Doussis, UNESCO Chair on Climate Diplomacy at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.